Hi there! Thanks for dropping by Thought it was about time to update the profile since things have changed quite a bit since I started this blog two years ago. Originally when it had just begun, I wanted a place to unleash some of the crazy thoughts in my head. It then slowly turned more into an online resume when I was in University looking for career prospects and it suddenly became a living and breathing portfolio as a real example of my work. Fast forward to today, it still is very much a place where I throw in my random thoughts and I love that it continues to evolve as my interests and passions change.
Here are some quick notes on what I’m all about and what I hope to share with all of you through my blogposts.
- Confessions of a Shopaholic – Hard to believe that this is number one? Not! Favourite stores include H&M, Aritzia, TopShop, H&M, H&M, H&M. I also love the occasional shopping sprees at thrift stores. Have found some of my best purchases there and at ridiculous prices!
- Photoaddict – You’ll never catch me without at least one electronic device that can capture moments on the fly. Whether it’s my smartphone, point & shoot camera or my Diana mini lomo (recently added to my collection!), I’m always snapping away.
- I like to read chicklit, fashion/style books, and entrepreneurial/motivational stories. Would choose a real book over an e-reader any day.
- Will always and forever be a dog lady. Muimui is our young Pomeranian that’s full of energy! Life is never dull with her around.
- Always connected - If you’re out with me, I apologize in advance for the likelihood that I’ll either be tweeting, taking pics, foursquaring, or facebooking parts of either our conversation, the food we’re about to eat, or sharing whatever else we’re doing with the rest of the world.
- Bit of a foodie – Love eating out and trying new restaurants around town. Italian and Thai are my absolute fave types of cuisine!
- Always white wine, never red.
- Water water water, LOO LOO LOO! - Proud University of Waterloo alumni. They say your university years are some of the best years of your life – I believe it. So many memories, friendships, relationships, drama, lessons learned that have shaped me to become who I am today.
- Caught the travel bug late and now making up for lost time – Up until I was 19, I’ve been confined to the North American continent. My first trip ever alone was to Vancouver for a business-case competition, then I was off to Paris, France for an exchange during university which led to much traveling within Europe. Been to some amazing cities for short mini vacations in between when I came back including Chicago, New York, Las Vegas, Montreal and more. My latest (and longest!) vacation to date would be a 15 day educational excursion to China where I had the opportunity to lead a group of 27 Chinese born Canadians on a journey to discover their roots and culture. Next on the list will be Miami and looking forward to planning another big trip for 2012!
- Volunteering is a big part of my life - Ever since I joined UW, I threw myself into extracurriculars at school. I was fortunate to lead the Canadian Asian Students’ Association for a number of terms, joined Impact Entrepreneurship Group to support youth entrepreneurship for another few years, and now presently involved with the Mon Sheong Youth Group promoting awareness of the Chinese culture within the Toronto GTA area.
- I work in PR during the day - If someone had told me when I was in school that one day, working in PR would be a good fit, I wonder if I would’ve taken a different course of action with my studies and choices in electives. No matter how I got here, I think it’s the best fit for me as it combines a number of things that I love! I’m often asked what I actually do in my job and here are a few things: manage online communities for large and reputable brands on Facebook/Twitter, plan events for product launches, blogger/media outreach, host contests/giveaways, so in a nutshell, basically I am responsible for promoting our brands and clients in the best way possible!
- I dream of fashion in the night – Absolutely love everything to do with the insane fashion industry. I consume a number of fashion blogs, am absolutely obsessed with the Rachel Zoe project, and will be starting up my own fashion blog with a partner soon. Just need a creative name that will stick for the next while!
- Contester, and damn proud of it! - I’m always the one who’s scribbling down my name whenever I see a chance to enter to win a contest and I have to say I’ve had some kind of luck! Not going to say anymore in case I end up jinxing myself!
That’s a little snippet of me, myself and I – hope you enjoyed reading! Toodles for now!